How To Play the Gong and Advanced Gong Training with Mehtab Benton
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Soul Body Ojai
206 N. Signal St. Suite M
Now Rescheduled to January 2020
How to Play the Gong
January 28-29 (Thursday 10:00-5:00, Friday 9:00-12:00)
This training for both beginning and experienced players explores the fundamentals of professional gong playing for relaxation and healing.
From basic mallet techniques to constructing playing sequences, you will learn to play the gong from a place of intuition and elevation.
In this two-day course you will master the foundational practices of gong playing:
- The Philosophy of Gong
- Playing Positions for the Gong
- Basic Mallet and Striking techniques
- Primary Playing Areas of the Gong
- Percussion Points and Creating Playing Sequences
- Controlling Volume and Experiencing rhythm
- Basic Gong Care and Selection
There are many opportunities for hands-on practice with several gongs in this informational and practical course.
Advanced Gong Playing
January 29-31 (Friday 1:30-6:30, Saturday 10:00-6:00, Sunday 9:00-12)
This training is for yoga students, teachers, sound healers, therapists, and gong players who wish to explore the Gong at a deeper level.
The course focuses on intermediate and advanced playing techniques, the importance of proper mallets to expand your playing experience, and how to use the gong in a wide variety of applications.
In this three-day course you will learn these advanced practices and considerations for professional gong playing:
- The Three Components of Gong Playing (rhythm, volume, and area)
- Playing with Two Mallets and Different Styles of Mallets
- Playing Multiple Gongs and Playing with Other Players
- Advanced Playing Techniques to Create a Sacred Sound Journey
- Developing a Gong Player’s Sadhana
- Playing from Intuition and Elevation for Healing
- Using “Gong Maps” for Chakras, Energy Channels, and the Four Basic Energies of the Psyche
To receive the maximum benefit from this training, please attend the How to Play the Gong course or have previous gong playing experience.
HOW TO PLAY THE GONG
$225 Before November 30th
ADVANCED GONG TRAINING
$425 Before November 30th
$595 Before November 30th
Mehtab Benton, USA
A professional gong player for 25 years, Mehtab is the originator of Gong Yoga™ and author of Gong Yoga: Healing and Enlightenment Through Sound, published in eight international editions. His book Teaching Gong Yoga is the first book on using yoga practices with the gong. His book, Gong Therapy, has been used in courses around the world by yoga teachers, sound healers, and therapists. He is the founder and director of training for the International Gong Yoga Association and has held workshops and trainings for Gong players, teachers, and healers in USA, Europe, Australia, Asia, and South America.